Aug 16, 2010

Mango Nuts Payasam for MEC Potluck Party

I made this payasam for my father-in-law's 27th day ceremony.  Since Srivalli's MEC Potluck Party is going on, thought of making it in microwave.  This is the first time, I am making a payasam in microwave.  There are few reasons I pick stove top instead of microwave for making payasam. One is laziness, you have to be very cautious when u r planning to cook (especially with milk) in microwave and other is I have the habit of forgetting. I always prepare my tea in microwave and forget to take it out.  Today I was literally sitting in the kitchen to finish this payasam and since the quantity was less, it took just 10 mts to finish it. I have used the microwave safe Pyrex vessel for making this payasam. Please make sure you use a microwave safe vessel for cooking in the Microwave....


Ingredients:-
  1. Ripe Mango - 3/4th cup (chopped)
  2. Almonds -5
  3. Cashews -5
  4. Milk - 2 1/2 cup
  5. Sugar -  3 tbsp 
  6. Edible Camphor - a pinch
  7. nuts

half cooked mango in milk



Mango & Nuts Mix with Milk
Mango Nuts Payasam

First cook the almonds and cashews with 1/4 cup of water for 2 minutes.  Let it cool. Peel the skin off from the almonds and grind both into a fine paste. Keep the paste in the same mixie jar. In the mean time, put the mango 1/4 cup of milk in a vessel and microwave it for one minute. Let it cool.  Now put the mango chunks along with the grounded nuts and grind it. Now transfer it to the same vessel where the milk is. Microwave it for one minute. Stir it in between. Now add 2 cups of milk and microwave it for another 2 minutes (since the qty was less, it just took 2 mts for the raw smell of mango and nuts to go). Take it out and stir it nicely. Add the sugar, edible camphor and the remaining milk and microwave it for another one minute.  Your payasam is ready to serve hot.  Since i have used nuts in it, I did not garnish it at the end and no ghee is used. As I said earlier, this payasam goes to Srivalli's MEC Potluck Party event


7 comments:

Pavani said...

l00ks yummy n healthy

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

that looks so nice and love the version of cooking without fire

GEETHA ACHAL said...

Don't publish this....I just disabled the spam to comment to it....I am not able to enter your blog...its not allowing...showing ...its has virus content in it...spam...please check to it..

lata raja said...

I am able to comment Vidhya:)
Just that i am already here let me tell you that the payasam sounds refreshing:) I told you the other day on FB I think:)

Raks said...

Payasam sounds yumm,nice combo of mango and nuts :)

Srivalli said...

Looks very nice Vidhya..thank you!

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Vidhya,

Your Mango Payasam looks so tempting to make. Never tried this version. Seems easy..........

cheers
rajani